4.25.2008

VH Concert

Last night Cyler and I celebrated our Feb. anniversary by seeing the band we saw the night we got engaged. We joined other 40ish people (and their kids) in trying to recapture some youth by going to a Van Halen concert. Well, it worked. Cyler looked like a high schooler, playing air guitar along with Eddie. All he needed was his mullet back. They were good. Eddie, of course, . . .well I'm speechless. To me, he is the modern-day Beethoven. He has all the markings of creative genius--accuracy, speed, variety, prolificacy, replicative ability. The patterns of sound he puts together in one piece is just. . .ok, wow. And he doesn't look like a homeless person anymore. David Lee Roth said it was because of his strange diet of, yes, food and water. But I think Eddie needs to give props to his plastic surgeon too. DLR had good abs as well and favored us with his karate kicks, many hip gyrations, and hat changes.




2 comments:

No Big Dill said...

Way cool! Would have loved to see the whole scene. Glad you're posting again!

Channin said...

I think it was awesome you guys did this!!! You actually helped me to think of another "goal" to do one of these days. I've only been to one live concert: Celine Deon's - it was actually pretty good. "Go Rocker Chick!"

statcounter