7.03.2010

Prophet Dub and Buddy

I finally found a Tennessee Walker trainer. Ellery is on Prophet and had her first lesson. You know you're in Texas when you drive down a road called Confederate Park and pass aproximately 274 1/2 churches. One little white one with a steeple had a longhorn standing by the front porch.





The couple is older and only have 6 horses in training. It seems sort of a "winding down" operation. Dub says that's a full day's training if you do it right. I liked him immediately. I know he knows a lot-he's been training horses since he was twenty.



He calls Ellery 'Babe' and me 'Girl' I think in part because he can't remember names.








I rode Buddy an old show horse for padded classes. The pace of this breed is so comfortable but you still feel like you have a powerful mount under you. I am going to have to redo the budget to afford lessons for the two of us but eating more beans and shopping for sales on clothes will be worth it. We had so much fun.


Ellery, fascinated that her jeans got this dirty. The smells of horse and leather--if she gets the bug, I'll get her some boots and she will have lots of dirty jeans in her future.







No comments:

statcounter