7.24.2012

Packing the Handcart

This post is dedicated to the September 6, those intellectual pioneers that were made to leave their covered wagons in the middle of the trek.






Pioneers follow truth.


"I felt earnestly that this was what God had prepared me to do, to present these problem areas in a context that allowed for faith and still acknowledged what the anti-Mormons or the critics would bring up, but to say: "Yeah? So what? These are human beings." God works with fallible human beings, whether they're your parents or your prophets. This is a way of understanding it and maintaining faith."  --D Michael Quinn

"Elder Packer said, 'I have a hard time with historians, because historians idolize the truth."   --D Michael Quinn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather - this is totally out of the blue but I was thinking of you.

Where in Texas do you live? There's this awesome Modern Quilting convention coming to Austin in February and I have a hankering to go.

Email me back & we can chat about it :-)

Christa@christaquilts.com

statcounter