5.13.2008

Graduation/Mother's Day

Yes Ma'am,
I did done gradiated!! Yes! Walking was fun. I waved to my advisory committee and family while I walked across the stage. I think Cyler took pics--I'll get them from him. It made me want to read about all the research these amazing students were doing--I don't think I would be able to survive too far from a University. And my parents came into town. I was stressed that everything should be perfect for them (dogs, sheets, food, kids, my attitude) but they made me feel at ease! Mom and I played the harp to each other, exchanging music and tips. Thanks Dad for having fun at the American Girl Doll Store in Dallas! (And for putting up with unorthodox moi.) We ate yummy meals (BBQ pork loin on Sat, Crab legs on Sun, banana cheesecake both days!) My primary kids (I am the chorister) sang Mother's day songs on Sunday and they did grrreat. Cyler got me a "the other woman" (a Blackberry) of my very own for a combined Mother's day/grad gift. It rocks! I am trying to see how I can make the ringtone for when he calls me, "The Son of a Preacher Man." If you know how to assign specific contacts a ringtone, chime in and let me know. It has a GPS system that will come in handy in Ireland--now if it could tell me where my car was when I walk out of Costco, I would be good. My good friend Becky got me a massage appt--the masseuse comes to my house at 2 today!! Praise Becky, La la la!

Feeling like looking at something frilly and fem? Check out this dress boutique:http://www.maryadamsthedress.com/boutique/index.html

Going to look for grad pics now!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats again! Now go out and conquer the world....Wait. That doesn't sound peaceful. How about, go out and save the world!

Channin said...

WAHOOOOOO! Sweet, you have graduated. I am so excited for you! You're a good example for a lot of women who think that school is not for them because they can not step beyond the mediocre lifestyle. As my mother would say: "Education is a very important thing, go for it and get it!"

statcounter