5.17.2008

Roll Tide


Soren's team made it to the championships. They are Crimson Tide (Alabama, so don't ask me why they have elephants on their caps) and they play the Tar Heels (I have no idea where that name comes from) tonight. It is going to be exciting. Tar Heels are the ones to beat and Tide is the only one to come close. So I am asking all of you to send him good vibrations tonight between 6pm-8pm so that he can help his team! Soren is second one from the left on the bottom. He likes baseball which gives me time to read. . .lots. Boys this age are fun--they like to be hugged still. He was mowing the lawn and I said that it was kind of like cutting the earth's hair. He said, rather, that he imagined each blade of grass was a soldier and that he was destroying them en masse. (Well of course he didn't say "en masse.") He and I are going to change our relationship forever this next year when we homeschool and travel together. I don't want him to think of me as a teacher per se, but more like a fellow student so I am going to let him make up a name for me that we only use during school hours. I wonder what he will choose. (How about Crazy-Lady-in-Need-of-Tummytuck) It's like a Native American name-giving.


3 comments:

Becky said...

Did they win?

I saw him walk into church and it struck me how much older he looks. He is becoming quite the handsome young man.

Channin said...

Soren is a true Campbell - baseball through and through! Wahoo! I played Shortstop and I forget what Cyler played but, what position does Soren play? I think your school name should be "Master!" LOL jk

Anonymous said...

hey there! i doubt u remember me, but i was in ur ward in trophy club! summer medrano....
i am so glad to have found u. and to see u happy ans smiling! (u have always been so pretty to me!) well, i will pop in later to see how yall are doing!

statcounter