6.26.2008

Oh my! Blog much?

I graduate, have a mini-identity crisis, summer starts and I lose my will to make and keep a schedule. Yay!! And blogging has suffered, as well as reading, editing my paper, sticking to a budget/eating plan, looking for service opportunities. I am floating between things I have to do and things I want to do with no real set agenda. I am doing things but whether I am accomplishing anything is another matter. I have indulged my passion for shopping quite enough in Cyler's eyes so I need to do something else with my time and energy. I have decided that the rule at 24 hour Fitness of letting only 12 year olds and up to exercise is an arbitrary, man-made rule, so Soren (11 1/2 years old) has come with me to the gym every once in a while--tomorrow is spin class and we sweat like we have a ton of it in storage. (Left the computer)
Ok I'm back. I had to rock out to "Duke of Earl" with Soren--showed him the chord progression on the piano. Oh, that reminds me-my friend Sandy, for her 40th birthday is getting a drum set. How cool is that? I asked her to be in a Celtic rock band with me and she's thinking about it. She's an 80's rocker like me. She's pretty enough to be the front man--her husband has been calling her his "cougar" lately. She tells him she would like to have the $ to back up the title. HaHa!
So, I have been making a list of the activities I have been doing with the kids since summer vacation began so that at the end of it, they can't say to me "we didn't do anything." Well, now to update my favorites! Tell me how you are!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Can I be in the band? I could shake a tambourine or be a backup singer. Or maybe I could just be a groupie....

Heather said...

You could play the flute--like a girl version of Jethro Tull. It would be so cool! I wish I was skinnier then I could be the frontgirl--hey! You are skinny and you have good legs--you are the frontgirl!

statcounter