8.03.2008

Happy Belated Bday Melissa!

When you were born I thought the tiny heart-shaped birthmark on your scalp proved that you were my sister. You were so cute!!!! Look at those doe eyes. The red shag carpet is fun to remember too.

Smart AND good. Something I struggled to be. And you rock in this bi-level do as few people can! And we had fun!! Remember when we put ketchup on my head and had me lay down by the mongo big screen fold-out with a wicked corner? David thought I was hurt. Dirty trick-probably my idea. Sorry for whatever else I made you do that was wrong--and for anything else I did to hurt you. Except we had fun too--crazy house, Monopoly interrupted by sprints to the pool, Christmas Eve Risk marathons. Your age allowed me to play Barbies well beyond what is probably considered normal.

Big hair days. This was a rough time for me and yours was coming soon. Growing up and facing our respective weaknesses, learning how to make decisions. And now we're old married ladies with kids. Hope you had a good birthday day with people and stuff to do that made you happy. Sorry this is late--it's not that I don't care, it's that I'm scattered.
Love to you always Melissa!!


No comments:

statcounter