10.06.2009

Pink and Blue

Football season is continuing and it's a trip to see 7th graders playing on a big high school field. They look like true (blue) BYU Blues don't they?
I love my kids' new music teacher. She's educated, young and hip and has creative ideas. Like this one:

If the child needs a motive for relearning out of a bad habit, she breaks out the pink topped Scooby Doo bonker that squeaks when it bonks the head. (No students were injured in this shot.)



So, how does a wannabe (pinko) end up working for a venture capitalist, commercial real estate development group? It just happens. Here's what I like about my new schedule:
I get to wear work clothes, shoes and accessories that match, and do my hair.
I have my own scanner on my desk.
I go to bed tired.
Instead of temptations to shop or eat, I am making a bit of money.
My bosses are REALLY cool.
What I need to get used to:
Working out at 2:30pm when I usually nap.
Folding laundry at 10pm
Letting Cyler make Ellery's b-day cake.
Planning to Tivo my shows.



So I walk out yesterday and realize there is such a thing as the corporate belly-button car. (You know, everybody has one.) My (blue) BMW has a name though. Does that help set mine apart?





The seasonal altar. White corn, red flowers, orange spiders, black candelabra, orange berry twigs and jack'o'lanterns, and a spooky family pic (Heather as fortune teller, Cyler as Franciscan friar, Soren as Viking, Ellery as witch.)






























No comments:

statcounter