10.25.2009

Flashdance Flashback

Remember this kind of comb? It was part of the invite we got to an 80's dress up/karaoke party.
Good for ratting. Don't believe me? Check this out:

I went as a rocker chick--Lita Ford, Joan Jett and the girls from Vixen were my muses. I stuffed tube socks under the brastrap for shoulder pads and tucked black workout capris into black leather boots. Then I proceeded to curl, rat and spray. Curl, rat and spray (repeat ad nauseum). Wanna walk down fashion memory lane with me, Lita Joan Heart Benatar, as your guide? Remember Preppies and big sleeves?



And pegged jeans




Here's Don Johnson and Spicoli:





Becca and Sandy on the left wore their prom dresses. Becca's is from 10th grade! She said she couldn't breath but I don't believe her. Janice sported the Flashdance off the shoulder. Look at all that hair!



Thanks Tiffany (flourescent was born in the 80's wasn't it?) and James (Bif from Back to the Future) for a fun night-the dialed in karaoke system, drum set and disco lighting helped us jam to:
Push It (Salt n Pepa)
Summer of '69 (Bryan Adams)
Home Sweet Home (Motley Crue)
Walking on Sunshine (I forgot who sang this--who was it?)
Sweet Child of Mine (Guns n Roses)
Just a Little Respect (Erasure)
Mony, Mony (Billy Idol)
I'll Stop the World and Melt with You (Modern English)
You're Addicted to Love (Robert Palmer)
One couple's teenage daughter dropped by, cutting out early on her own plans to see how the old folks roll. We must have looked hilarious to her. Can you imagine seeing your parents look like a mishmash of Miami Vice and Dynasty singing, "Fame! I wanna live forever!"







1 comment:

Bonesnochez said...

You look great! That look was what kept the boys camped out on our front door step back in 1988!

statcounter