11.22.2011

HardTail

My hairlength has been how I have been feeling lately: "Where to go from here?" It's as long as I'm going to let it be without looking like I belong to a cult. I'm looking for new directions so I have started to see a counselor who I am choosing to call a lifecoach. I'm not batcrap crazy--just looking for more. Trisha is good at keeping me in the real world and helping me get to what I want to change. She says I'm good at change if it's exciting. I need to be good at change when it requires me to plan for real life or when it requires me to be quiet and still.
The good news is that I'm not a Narcissist. The fact that I admit it, am sad about it and want to change it means I'm not one. Whew. But my lack of maturity, while fun and cute in some instances, is not really helping me out these days. Gotta change it up a bit.
I'll start with a haircut. It's easier.
Maybe it will help me make some other changes I am planning. Being wiser with my resources, possibly working again, being a whole person.
Sometimes our life stories are hard tales to tell. I'm finding I am in a ditch some of the time. How much are my time/skills worth? What passions are worth my time? Which unhealthy habits do I want to tackle first? My shirt above is from HardTail. I would like my tail to be a bit harder. Tackling that is up on the list. So much to tweak and so many extremes to avoid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I just went super short, too - even more than before. I call mine the "old lady" haircut. Not as in really getting older but as in getting wiser :-) Looks great from the back - now show us the front!

Heather said...

Christa I'm going to your blog right now to see your hair!! I'll show you the front when I get a good pic! Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving.

statcounter