11.16.2009

Tab

Performing for children needs to be a good experience from the get-go. Ellery sang a solo at her baptism and I wanted to make sure she had every chance to have a good time. We prepared for months, sang in front of whoever happened to be sitting in the music room at any given time, and I made her sheet music user friendly. To turn the page easily, I taped a file label to the pages which I soft bound. Keep the music as much like it is during prep--she was used to looking at the sheet music so I didn't retype just the lyrics for her or put the music in glossy page protectors (both things I was tempted to do). The best thing we did is to focus on how fun it is to do music and when some nervousness comes, just sing to Dad in the audience. It worked and she had a good first time.

statcounter