10.22.2008

Hodgepodge Post

She's showing interest. (yayayayayayyyyy!) She can play the first line of "Jesus Said Love Everyone." I get excited but I keep it to myself so I don't freak her out. She actually has a nice voice too--maybe taking after Aunt Chauncey???
I planted these shrubs the first of this summer and they like where I put them. Fall is prettier in my front yard now because of them.

And good ole mums. They bloomed like nobody's business this year. Things are pretty good with us. Check out some disco party pics at http://heatherfly.shutterfly.com/ I was one of the few without a wig. I am going all out next year. That is the first time some of my friends have seen Cyler dance. (Go Cyler, Go Cyler) The Larza's were great hosts--good food, decorations and music. Too much fun! And today at Global Homeschool, Soren did it. He synthesized some knowledge. He made a connection between Mesopotamian priests, Gulliver's travels, and Lee Iacoca regarding uncertainty and how to handle it. It was priceless!! I didn't know it was going to happen so soon so I was shocked. My other goals for us was to recognize and avoid binary thinking. He's doing that too when he points out that the question I just asked him was an either/or question. The main goal is to learn how to WRITE. He's working on that as we speak. He is also learning about his body and how to take care of it. Somewhere in the middle we do math, science, music, art and a bit of French.


1 comment:

No Big Dill said...

Your yard looks great! How are the hydrangea this year? I'm also trying not to push the harp thing on the girls, but would really like Divine to start lessons....would that just squelch her desire????

statcounter