10.31.2008

Sicko and Pigs


This poster was in the Paris Metro. Has anyone seen the movie yet? I saw a pic of Bush in 2000 compared to 2008 and he has aged. For a movie that parodies him, it chose Bush's younger image for this poster at least. I am sick(flu or strep, not because of the poster). But not too sick to tell you that Ellery said that she was going to vote for "Baracka Obama" because Christopher, her classmate was. Then she mentioned that maybe she should vote for John McCain because he has a parakeet. "I hope Christopher doesn't get mad at me," she mused. Soren and I leave on Tuesday for Costa Rica/Cancun traipsing and am I ready? Not close. I have no energy, my itinerary is still being built, the laundry is growing into a living thing, I can't remember how to conjugate Spanish verbs, I haven't copied Soren's work for the trip and on and on. I don't even know what I'm going to be for Halloween which never happens to me. But I know it will work out. Things will get done somehow. Compromises will be made. My new mantra is "No big deal." I learned it from a piano teacher for savants. Try it, it works for me.


And oh. Soren and I were on the local cable news last night. Our neighbor's yard has been rooted up by feral hogs and we were interviewed. Soren thinks we're rockstars now. We recorded it and watched it like 7 more times. Check out this neighbor's blog for his take on the situation: http://robjones3030.wordpress.com/2008/10/19/feral-hogs-and-trail-dogs/


1 comment:

Becky said...

Both of you looked great on tv!

statcounter