11.04.2008

Adios

With Amoxicillin in tow just in case, we are almost packed and ready to go. I 've traded in European traipsing layers for cargo pants, tanks, DEET and swimsuits. We leave at 4pm today if I can get laundry done. I am getting my voice back little by little and am glad I won't have to try to speak Spanish while not being able to "speak" very well at all. (Should have heard me in church--it was pitiful). So here's the proposed itinerary. It's more loosygoosy than Europe was, which means more spontaneity. (Goals this trip: Ecology, Mayan history and culture, teach Soren love for diversity)

Nov 4-5 San Jose, Costa Rica
visit Sarchi Oxcart factory
on up to Monteverde Cloud Forest (try to get an oral interview with a local Quaker)
zip line tour in the canopies
Drive to Arenal volcano, stay?? (maybe La Fortuna), visit hot springs
Drive into Guanacaste and scope out some Baula turtles (leatherbacks--big honking turtles)
Then drive down south to la playa (Jaco and Quepos). Hey beaches are part of the ecosystem too but it will be nice to wear my flojos so I can get floja.

Nov 12 Fly to Cancun
Snorkeling at Isla Mujeres
Xcaret Marine Park
Tulum and Coba
Playa del Carmen and Cozumel (possible day trips--we'll see)

Nov 16. Drive to Chichen Itza
Chichen Itza
Uxmal
take a day or so to dilly-dally back to Cancun

Nov 19 Home for the Holiday madness

Will someone let me know who won the US presidential race?

No comments:

statcounter