11.14.2008

What a difference a day makes


He looks good for being a vagabond. We traveled 12hrs straight yesterday and were so glad to come to a place where shameless capitalism rules. The hotels, food, roads, service are all so nice here in Cancun. And the water--clear turquoise, then lapis, then cobalt. Beautiful.








Oh cabana boy. Where art thou? I spent the afternoon reading my novel about the Dominican dictatorship in the 1960's.



I'm either mean or committed to homeschool to make Soren do homework in a cabana. He doesn't look too sad. The boy needs to practice writing as much as possible. Tomorrow we dive into Mayan culture. Yay!!












I got my ganas back and rented a car. We are back in the traveling saddle again. Today, though, laundry was the main mission. I told Becky that I have been wearing the same PJs for 4 nights. Yucchy to me. After schoolwork we hit the beach. White sand, turquoise water and uh, cabana boys that want me to take them to Xcaret with us. Apparently I look like Soren's sister without makeup. However Xcaret is mas tarde. Tomorrow is Isla Mujeres.








1 comment:

Becky said...

Glad to see things are looking up! Since the French pastries didn't work out, how about you bring me home a cabana boy...

statcounter