1.29.2009

Haiku and Buck


For Chinese New Year I had wanted to celebrate by cooking, decorating and having friends over for crafts. That didn't happen due to the Quickbooks training I'm knee deep in right now. So instead we read some haikus (Japanese I know) for Family Home Evening and created our own, using sacred text stories as topics. See if you can guess which text the haiku is referring to:


1. The clouds are passing

Hopeful Eyes wait for the dove

with green in her beak


2. Love other people

It's a commandment of Christ

Love is everything


3. The glowing tree trunk

That gave fruit from the heavens

Led by a long rod


4. Standing up in chains

Abinadi speaks the truth

power men ignore


5. One big hungry fish

The man was swallowed, yum yum

He went out the spout
Now here is a song (sung to Popcorn Popping) that Ellery and Cyler made up and proves we are a literati family:
I went outside to get in my truck
And there in front sat my old dog Buck
I asked "what ya doin' boy?" and guess what he said
"I'm goin for a ride before I go to bed."
My eyes got wide, my jaw began to drop
as far as I know, dogs ain't supposed to talk.
I looked him in the eye, "Where ya wanna go."
And he replied, "To the picture show."



1 comment:

Becky said...

Here are my guesses:

1. Noah's ark
2. Love one another
3. Tree of Life
4. Abinadi and King Noah

Is there a prize?

I think I like Cyler and Ellery's version better than the original. They might need to go on the road together.

statcounter