1.21.2009

Project Overload







Cyler and Ellery have been hanging out with eachother once a week since Cyler made that as one of his goals this year. They are pretty tight. Cyler is a goal oriented person, the problem is that I am too. With what we want to accomplish this year, individually and together, makes my head spin. He talks about moving to a smaller home in Trophy Club so that we can buy Montana property--but his tone now--he is more serious than I have ever heard him before. Montana??? His Ghana project is another full time job--I have to remind him to eat and sleep--he gets up 2-3 times a week at 3am so that he can get a phone connection to his bank in Ghana and it is really taking it's toll. I can't tell if I'm complaining or what--I feel like worrying out loud, I guess.
My year looks like this:
Homeschool Soren and 2-3 more trips (If the Ghana thing doesn't work out, less trips)
Home, pet, things care
Family/Religious/Spiritual care--Keep Cyler alive and hopeful, keep Colby updated/connected, keep kids (and me) from extremes of blind faith and faithlessness.
Quickbooks accounting for Cyler (I'm excited about this one with a little trepidation. I asked what my pay was. Cyler said "How about footrubs?" I said no. Although I do have a friend who does her husband's business and her philosophy is "Will work for shoes." And great shoes they are--I go visit them when I want to be near designer perfection.)
Kids extra activities (dance, piano, scouts etc)
Start a GirlScout troop with Rocio
Fitness regimen (Mon-Athletic Training or jog, Tues-24 Set, Wed-Step, Thurs-OFF, Fri-Salsa or Spin, Sat-Yoga, Sun-Walk with family)
Prep for Ellery's baptism (make dress, prepare harp piece)
Harp--piece for Easter too. My chiropractor is helping me with back, forearm and shoulder issues from playing the harp. I look forward to the day when I am playing pain free.
Sew summer clothes--Becky told me about a way to make a dress form for myself out of tape instead of buying one. I might be crazy enough to try it. She started a cool blog about bargain shopping: http://bargainbasics.blogspot.com/
Focus on health--Chiro, dentist, ObGyn, get ready for chassis surgery
FRIENDS--I enjoy a kick up your heels time, quiet lunch time, window shopping time, chic flic or chic lit time.
Huh, a few years ago my plans were simpler: "Give head and bake bread."




1 comment:

Becky said...

I like everything except the "chassis surgery" part. :) You're beautiful just the way you are. (Did you just hear Billy Joel in the background?)

statcounter