2.17.2010

Decisions

One thing I love about my job is that I come across knowledge that isn't usually on my normal radar. Here is something I saw in a routine fax we get from an Insurance company we use.

4 Ways to Smarter Decisions:
  1. Wait until the last minute-but not a minute later. If you're not going to do anything differently tomorrow by making a decision today, then wait.
  2. Don't be afraid to argue. Conflict is good as long as it's resolved quickly. On tough issues, agree first on what the question is and write it down.
  3. Make the right decision, not the best decision. If you wait for the best, it may never get decided. If there are 10 ways to do something, 8 of them will probably work. So pick one and get going.
  4. Disagree-and then commit. Everyone should be heard but once decided, you shouldn't be able to tell who was for or who was against.

No comments:

statcounter