5.12.2010

B Me Up

So my mammogram came back nicely normal, my incredibly dense breast tissue notwithstanding. (Why don't I feel dense there? I feel more like someone put soup in a latex glove and tacked it to my pecs.) BUT

I have a bit higher than 'nicely normal' cholesterol. 216 and it needs to be 199 or below. So I threw out all my expired bottles of vitamins--never will I 'invest' in large bottles again. Here are my new heart helpers. Fish oil and B's (especially B3 niacin) were specifically recommended. The ginseng I bought because I like the word--look at it. G's at both ends and it still sounds pretty-not like Grog. CoQ10 and Resveratrol because I am infinitely vain and want to age gracefully. Plus, CoQ10 sounds so posh--so chemically sophisticated. And Resveratrol eliminates the necessity of drinking my body weight in red wine everyday. Good- no more headaches, purple teeth and slurred speech. The Chrom Pic is an old college habit--I lived with BYU cheerleaders (I know, can you believe it? I once saw them eat a whole chocolate cake in under 2 minutes. I threw up a little in my mouth at the sight so I went to my room upstairs to practice my bass guitar.) and they got me hooked. My breast cancer survivor friend who is a major alternative medicine buff does this:

to keep track of when to take what. I don't want a heart attack so I'm doing it too. Now, take that plaque-man! Recede to the depths of hades from whence you came.

No comments:

statcounter