5.20.2010

Going the Way of the World

My harp, named Grail, broke a string and now I feel like she's a hillbilly missing a tooth in front. I haven't changed it yet because there is only one piece I'm working on that has me play a high E. But I will eventually get to it--fix what's broken, renew the over-used, bring order out of chaos. The effort it takes to do simple things like change the string-or:

Dye a bleach spot on my black skirt,
Cover chipped finish on my coffee table,


or re-faux my music room wall (victim of heavy rain fall that seeped through the roof)

proves to me there is a God. The skill and intelligence to do basic renewal and redemption-to reverse the natural tendency of the universe toward entropy and chaos--what must it take to prepare, stabilize and maintain a planet to sustain complex life forms? I know the concept that it is a mathematic given that at some point, somewhere, at some time, it was bound to happen. But what are the chances that the above objects "going the way of the world" will happen to just get fixed-without intelligent intervention. This is why I want to believe in God. This is why I want to believe a resurrection or continuation of consciousness of some sort can happen. So, I can fix my toothless harp and the bleach spot on the skirt. Cyler can fix the table, and I'll have the painters come look at what they can do to fix the wall. And someday God will fix me.

No comments:

statcounter