5.03.2010

Work Hard Play Hard Washerwoman

Friday night we fed 330 teens for youth conference. Dinner at 7, dessert at 10pm. 39 tables seated nine each. One of the guys helping to set up asked, "Do you think they'll appreciate this?" I said, "Not until they do it for someone in turn." In the middle of the chaos I realized that my neck pain which had been with me since I fell out of Scorpion pose a few weeks ago had gone away. Hmm.The Bread Cave.
On Saturday, I got to have fun. I got an updo at the salon.





That was after I went to my friend's house and helped her do flowers for her Kentucky Derby party. She let me take this arrangement home as a thank you.



Chicken salad, bourbon balls, shrimp cocktail, cucumber sandwiches, meringues.










Horseshoes with the gentlefolk. (And rockband, betting on the horses, and a not too rousing rendition of "My Old Kentucky Home").







Today I am washing--family dishes, sheets/towels, dog dishes, coolers and crockpots from Friday night, pool filters, purse linings, sippy cups from Nursery yesterday. I wonder how Cinderella felt after her updo, pretty dress, and hat were put away. I feel like staying in my jammies (done) and playing on the computer (done).






2 comments:

Amy Langford said...

I didn't get a chance to tell you Sunday that I LOVED your hat. It made me want to spend the day at the races or don a southern dress and sip lemonade under the shade of an oak tree. Love the blog too.

Heather said...

Tank Ya! Visit Often!

statcounter