5.10.2010

Easy Bake, Babies and Irish Morality

My fave little Claire, had a bday and I made some Easy Bake Oven mix for her with her mom. We made Summer Sunshine Lemon Cake, Flower Pot Chocolate Cake, Frosty Locks White Icing, and My Little Pony Oatmeal Cookie mix. We tied the plastic baggies with ribbons and raffia.


Summer Sunshine Lemon Cake

1 C sugar
1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon flavored unsweetened drink powder (like KoolAid)
1/3 C vegetable shortening

Combine dry ingreds. Cut in shortening. Scoop 1/3 C in plastic baggies (Makes 10 packages). Add 4 tsp water to use in EasyBake Oven. Use within 12 weeks.

More, go to Prepared Pantry.com

On Sat a.m. Ellery and I went to a mom and daughter brunch. I made a pretty baguette and cheese spread but I didn't like it so I'll not torture you with a recipe that's yuck.











Saturday night I got a date night in a new outfit. Cyler and I ate at the small community theater in So Ft Worth and saw Lonesome West. The play was funny, instructive about the mimetic nature of vengeance and the Irish accents were superb. Sunday I got homemade school gifts, a corsage to wear to church (I put it in my hair) and Cyler said some nice things about me in his talk during sacrament meeting. The boys had baseball, so Ellery and I ate Italian and saw the new movie Babies. Ellery was full of questions ("What is that brown stuff on the baby's bum? It just got born. Does the baby poop in the mom's tummy? Why is that mom squirting her baby in the face with her milk? They don't have water in Mongolia? Why is that baby eating a rock?) Good Times.



1 comment:

Becky said...

Cyler did say some very nice things about you, all of which were true and are the things I admire most about you.

Thanks for helping with the mixes. My post about the Easy Bake Oven mixes will go up next Monday.

statcounter