4.25.2010

Pinky Tuscadero Would Come

The tall one in the pink survivor shirt arranged for us to do the Race for the Cure. We are unofficiallly calling ourselves the Tah-Tahs. Not to be confused with the Hoo-Hahs or the Cha-Chahs. I have never run the Susan G Komen 5k--I immediately felt this pro-life vibe walking around within the first few minutes we arrived. People celebrating one more year of being cancer free or people getting hope from those who have. It was energizing. So I stuck my pink pom-pom in the back of my pants for a tail and went for it. I am not in good shape this year. I have a ways to get back to about last October. Such a roller coaster. But the run was fun because I did it with friends (Susette, Becky, Ellen and Michelle), people cheered on the side, music blared from all sorts of bands, and it was a beautiful day!! Our time was about 35min. Not bad.
There was a pink helicopter, pink bull, pink tractor--you name it. Pink.


Even Fros.

Michelle was one of the youngest survivors along with having one of the highest numbers for years of survival. Go Margo--Way to fight like a girl!



Post race healthy flush. Healthy tah-tahs intact. This might have to be one of my spring rituals. I have a prescription for a mammogram rotting in my "To Do" folder. I need to get it this week. This week.

No comments:

statcounter