6.27.2010

Animals

Lone Star Park is a fun and cheap family date. Soren was at Scout camp still so I thought I'd teach Ellery some 'applied math' (cough*cough) at the races. We wagered pretend dollars and Ellery learned about probability, multiplication, and negative numbers (since we always seemed to be in the red.) Hmmm. It was such a nice night though. Pink sunset and the full moon to the left below.
We ate brisket, slaw, and red velvet cake. Ellery won the most money in a single race while Cyler won overall by virtue of the fact that he lost the least pretend dollars. I didn't win a single race. In fact, before one race posted, the #3 horse dumped its rider and flew past us/the finish line running free-in the opposite direction. I looked at my scratch piece of paper and turned to Cyler, "That was my pick." What luck--I picked her because she was the only Oakie horse for the whole night, all nine races. She betrayed me.




The bodies of these fillies were flawless. Strong, fine muscles. They were like bullets on toothpicks.



The thing to wear nowadays for the single jetsetters is a babydoll dress with cowgirl boots. Thanks girls for posing for my blog. As for this broodmare, I was shod thusly:





Speaking of horses, we have a new neighbor. Mom and baby colt are both bay tobiano paints. The colt has a wide white blaze and is THE cutest thing and I am in love with him. There is another mom and a cremello baby but the owner keeps them in the barn during the day because they get sunburned.

The dogs came with us to try to say hello to the foals. We also said hi to the emus and fished a bit in the pond at Bob Jones Park. The dogs explored around the pond--Bodhi was half cream, half green-black sludge. Ciboney is a lady and keeps herself presentable.











Ellery caught a couple of bass and a sunfish. She is so freaking fun!









No comments:

statcounter