6.13.2010

Steak Umms, Plagues and Mermaids

Happy Summer. Sunny warm days. No hectic schedule. So, who gets a cold in the middle of June? Me. And on the tail end of a gut-wrenching, mind-numbing migraine at that. My finger is still in a splint-so the way I'm feeling now makes me wonder if I'm a hypochondriac. But steakumms have saved the day--that day when I have nothing in my fridge and no energy to get to the store. I cook up a batch and can make either a hot sandwich, or chop it over a green salad. I saved the packaging for the costume I'm making Ellery.
We are having Family Home Evening for the ward at my house tomorrow. (If I'm not feeling better by then, just shoot me.)Inspired by Coney Island, I am hoping some kindred party spirits come with homemade costumes of sea creatures and mermaids to have a "Junk Mermaid Parade."

Here's the beginning of Ellery's seahorse costume. Doritos, Gatorade, Duct tape and beads. Putting this together has kept her occupied while I alternatively nurse my many ailments. She also is giving a talk as we speak in Primary today. I'm missing it--waa. Another project she worked on is apparently a Home Depot Dance Party. Here is the invitation I found while picking up the dress-up mess upstairs.


I wonder what a dance party at Home Depot would be like (especially in the 'wood section'). Fun to think about.



No comments:

statcounter