6.21.2010

So Soft Spahday on Solstice

We had a sleep over in my bed last night. The boys are at scout camp and I only had one thing on my appointment book today-a Dr. Hand appointment for him to view my splint technique for my convalescing finger. So I (aka Phoebe Marimba) gave Ellery a spa day. First I had her jog with me (made her cry)--girl needs to get in shape. We ended on a good note though with jumping jacks and yoga stretches. Then "Welcome to So Soft Spa." The following services, rendered by Ms. Phoebe Marimba, helped Ellery have an age appropriate spa day and a chance to catch up and talk about life lessons (hard things get easier the more you do them, wash your hands when handling raw meat, always drink lots of water, tuck the pelvis in and keep abs engaged, and treat yourself well after working hard):

Old polish removed
Geranium herbal bath by candles
Shave legs, Wash and condition hair (scalp massage), pumice heels, Mt Dew rinse
Lay on bed--moisturize lips, clean ears
Facial massage with light moisturizer, witch hazel pads on eyes/palms
Body massage with lavender lotion

Lunch followed: breakfast burritos with turkey bacon, fresh tomatoes and avocados with seasoned salt, and lemon yogurt.

Citrus and sunshine nail polish. Good color for summer solstice today.



Voila! Buffed and puffed.
Interview with Ellery:
"The workout was very hurtful but at the end it was very fun."
What was the best thing about spa day? "The candlelight."
What was the massage like? "Oooh it felt so good like I was in a real spa."
What could Ms. Marimba do next time to improve your experience? "Give me a pretty updo hairdo."

No comments:

statcounter