6.03.2010

Been There Done That

Do I remember how to post? It has been so long. Ellery and I were invited to my neighbor's townhome just outside Breckenridge Colorado in a resort town called Silverthorne. We packed up the truck and did the 12 hr drive no problem--I knew there would be views like this. At Sapphire Point, we gave the kids sunflower seeds to feed the squirrels.

I got a few to come to me, but they preferred the younger kids. See the little squirrel by Ellery's right hand? A Snow White moment-not unlike a maiden and a Unicorn.



Andrew, Ellery, Amanda and Lexi. We took bike rides across bridges, played Sorry and Jacks, sat on the patio sipping warm drinks, the girls took bubble baths together, window shopped at the Outlets, saw a movie, explored towns, and stuff like that.


Lexi and Ellery at the Continental Divide. The locals bring their dogs up here if they happen to get fleas. The lack of oxygen kills them instantly (and almost me too). The altitude got to me too--dry skin, tired feeling. Ellery got a headache. But, the view----the view is beautiful.


We traipsed through the small surrounding towns--Frisco with its cool museum village--(I read a personal history of a girl who skiied to a winter dance, danced till 1am, skiied back and got home at 5am, all while it was 60below outside. Her grandmother told her "We won't be doing that again!"), Georgetown with its fun park and shops (here's an old fashioned candy and ice-cream parlor. They had fresh cinnamon carmel popcorn spread out to cool--it made the shop smell delicious.)



We were going to leave on Mon. so Ellery could get back for school but we decided to stay AWOL longer--the kids took a raft trip down the Blue River's spring run-off. They were the last run of the day so the cute college guides let them go down twice!









In a more violent battle with Ellery's underwear elastic than I would like to admit, I did something wrong to my finger. Here's my other healthy one for convenient comparison:



Now the arthritic "I am an old hag who eats frog eyes for breakfast"-finger:


I caught the tip of my finger on the elastic while pushing down under Ellery's jeans for a weggie-avoiding adjustment and *snap*. I heard something pop and now I have a Dr. appt next Monday. For the moment I wrap it in a splint. I was advised to RICE (rest, ice, compression, and elevation). I don't mind saying that the elevation part is entertaining to me, for I can, for purely medicinal reasons, walk around flipping the world the bird. The chuckles I get from medicinal bird-flipping makes up for my increasing worry that harp playing is in jeopardy. I may have to get a tendon re-attached. I tried playing yesterday (stupid) only to wake up this morning at approximately 3:18am with a throbbing digit. If I can play the harp again without having surgery, I would just live with the disfigurement--but with stretchmarks, cellulite, fine lines on the face and neck, I am inclined to keep the growing list of disfigurements at a minimum and have the procedure for cosmetic reasons. We'll see what Dr. Hand says--(his real name is Dr. Han). haha











3 comments:

No Big Dill said...

Looks so breathtaking. Fun. Sorry about the hand--those are precious harp playing fingers, tell that to Mr. Hand. Also love that white hat in the header. I've been looking for a white summer hat!

Heather said...

Thanks! I got the hat at TJMaxx. Love your blog!! Any plans to visit Dallas this summer?

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry about your finger. It looks painful :(

statcounter