12.21.2008

American Girls or Hunting Widows?

The boys went hunting (Soren got one.) So we spent Fri. afternoon and evening at the Galleria Mall ice skating and trying clothes on in Saks and Macy's. Then on Sat we dressed up and went back for seconds. We went to the American Girl Doll Mecca. We had lunch there, shopped, then went to Nordstrom. Then we RETURNED to AGD and had rootbeer floats. So much fun. (I got the doll that is the WWII friend of the one Ellery has already but she doesn't know it yet.) Above is Ellery jamming with the brass group playing in the mall. She was not sure of all the attention she got with her cute matching outfit with her doll. I was beaming though. It was so fun for me to see her dancing around and shopping with her dress on and her doll.






She says AGD store is her favorite place. I can't argue. We missed you this time Mom and Dad. Today I played a couple of pieces on the harp for the church Christmas program. I have fun but I get nervous. Need to work on that. Ellery was a good page turner except once when she turned two pages' worth instead of one. It took me a moment to get back on track. It was fine though. Becky, let's do something for Easter, wanna? Hollie Young was nice enough to transport me and Grail in her minivan. I seriously think that is going to be my next vehicle. I just can't believe I'm saying that. But anything for Grail, and I can't keep depending on my friends even though they are so accomodating. The minivan is so nice--lower to the ground than an SUV and all the seats can disappear. Perfect for a harp!


2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm in for an easter number!

Amy Pennington said...

I love AG!! Megan has a doll and it is a special treat to go there and shop! Happy New Year!

statcounter