12.26.2008

Christmas Feast Christmas Beast


Merry Christmas!! So we had Roast Beast just like in Whoville. The menu also included Browned Split Potatoes ala Jacques Pepin, Honey Carrots, Dixie Pomegranate Salad (recipe follows), Soft Ginger Cookies, Cheeseball/crackers, and my Red Hot 'n Prickly Punch (recipe follows). The kids got goodies from Santa (Ellery got an art desk, Nintendo DS, American Girl Doll and paraphenalia, alarm clock)(Soren got a PSP and a combo rifle/shotgun). I got an office chair, some sweaters, reading glasses (I look old in them) and the Cooking Mama Wii game. And I got Nike's!! (My old one's are a YEAR old). Most of Cyler's stuff was "unwrappable" so next year I am going to have to do better at having things for him to unwrap the morning of. He's sick today so he's getting some uninterrupted video game time in.
Dixie Pomegranate Salad
serves 6-8
2 pomegranates, seeded
2 apples, diced
2 bananas, sliced
Whipped cream with a bit of powdered sugar added
Mix together, slicing and adding the bananas right before serving.
Red Hot 'n Prickly Punch
Serves about 6-8
1 64oz bottle Cranapple Juice
2 lg oranges
whole cloves
Red Hot candies
Press whole cloves into skin of oranges about 1" apart all over. Pour Cranapple juice into a crockpot and turn on Low. Cut oranges in half and squeeze juice of orange into crockpot. Place oranges into crockpot. After crockpot is warmed, sprinkle a good handfull of Red Hots into crockpot and stir to melt.


1 comment:

No Big Dill said...

Your punch sounds so very exciting!

We got a minivan before we even had kids. It really does come in handy! What kind did you use this last time?

I also get way to nervous when I play--more so this year. I decided I just need to play more often.

statcounter