12.06.2008

Post-Reunion Musings





It is between St George and Cedar City UT. Could I raise my kids in a small UT community? I would have horses. Could I still travel? I would see our families more. Could I leave our Texas friends? (That thought makes me feel like I just got punched in the stomach) Cyler says I change when I go back home, and not for the better. I revert back to my old insecurities and apocalyptic perfectionism. He says it's not pretty. But New Harmony is pretty. I could build my dream house. Would we be able to sell ours? Cyler could be a mountain man and I could still have a social life (somewhat). Cyler would be 40 min from the St George Airport. Would my kids adopt the narrow, fatalistic views of humanity I have worked so hard to eradicate from my household? Soren could fish, hike, four wheel, hunt to his heart's content. What would you do?

1 comment:

Becky said...

DON'T. DO. IT. I got the "punched-in-the-stomach" feeling, too.

statcounter