12.09.2008

Decking out the Deck

Stocking hangers have kids' and Cyler's pics in them.
White porcelain Nativity scene on the buffet. I like using these globe lights.


These are new this year. I made three angel wreaths to put in front of the newel posts--the garland with lights is wrapped around the banister. I think it turned out nice,--I think.

Ellery's tree is fiberoptic multi-color whimsy. Katy, the dress ornaments you gave me are on this tree:)


This wreath I made while still working at Design Showcase in LV.


My tree--angels, gold white, ribbon from my wedding. I would like to do a tree based on the items from Sound of Music, 'My Favorite Things.' Maybe next year.


I had Mary and Joseph but they became casualties of Soren's toddler years.



Poinsettias that will be given to teachers, mailwoman, hairdresser etc.

It's amazing how Christmas decorations have consumed my life this past week. The Nativity Exhibit for our church displays 800 or so sets from all over the world, made of all sorts of materials. I helped out a bit and it was very labor intensive. But the kids like seeing them and the display is very well done. (But how many temporal needs issues could have been taken care of with that many man-hours? Oh well-not up to me I guess.) So then I was all about the above decorations at my house. I have evolved a theme of angels I guess. I don't know how that happened. The only thing I can think of is that angels are the only appropriate symbol for divine feminine power in Christianity (sad). Again, oh well-not up to me I guess.
On a happy note, we are hosting Ellery's Christmas Tea this year, and the choir is coming over to practice and potluck the Sunday before so I will have some festive events to look forward to. I would like to do a music FHE with you Becky too. Happy decorating ya'll!

No comments:

statcounter