12.19.2008

Tis the season for the Tea

Ellery and I are lucky enough to be friends with girls and their moms who do a Christmas Tea every year. This year I hosted it. Us moms wrap a gift with the same theme and price range so the girls get what they want and it's all equal. They dress up too. This year the theme was Lil 'Kins.


We had an etiquette quiz where the girls read hard questions about what to do in certain situations. When the question was asked "Which fork do you use at a fancy restaurant?" a girl said "The clean one." I made white hot chocolate, Becca brought cheese/crackers, fruit, Sandy brought a sweet pretzel and popcorn mix. I put the extra leaves in the table and angled it diagonally so all the girls could sit together. I made name placecards out of green sparkly snowflake ornaments. The centerpiece was a snow lady I made last year. She has pipecleaner branches, fake eyelashes, big crystals for earrings and a wedding ring, a silver poinsettia brooch and an opalescent ribbon for a hat. The color theme was lime green. We made a baby Jesus in a manger craft and talked about doing nice things for your family this season. Then we hit the piano and sang "Rudolph" and "Frosty."



Tonight the boys are going hunting till late tomorrow night. If Soren brings home another deer, we are jerking the whole thing out. So, I am thinking I'll take Ellery ice skating at the Galleria Mall in Dallas. Of course she wants to eat at the American Girl Doll store. I just want to go and have her try on cute clothes (and me too.) She is going to be my page turner during the church Christmas program. If I can remember to que her right, she'll do an excellent job.
Soren said I could post his letter to Santa:
Dear Santa Claus,
I have benn very helpful and nice most of the time. So this is what I want for Christmas:
A combination hunting gun, a compound bow with new arrows, Boom Blocks for the Wii, some of my debt paid off to mom and dad, new targets, a PSP with Turok game (if you can) and a pit stop remote control race car track. I hope this isn't too much. If it is you can just take 3 items off the list if you want.
Sincerely,
Soren Campbell


No comments:

statcounter