3.22.2009

Kowloon Park

The park is near great shopping and a masjid. There were SE Asian women covering with bright hijabs everywhere having picnics on plastic tarps. Azaleas were everywhere too so the park was full of color.
At the dragon dance, I sat by an older SE Asian man who took a chance and started speaking Spanish to me. We chatted eventhough my Spanish is elementary--he lived in Costa Rica for 20 years and did something with chicken for a living. Spanish spoken with an Asian accent was harder for me to understand. The cutest thing we saw was a 4 year old girl doing a Tai Chi form all by herself. She was in great control and her movements were silky smooth. The older crowd loved her. She wore a white silk tunic with mandarin collar and gold toggles, and black silk bottoms.


We haven't gotten lost at all this trip. Crowded streets are fun if you're in the right mood and it's refreshing to see small mom and pop stores instead of giant chains.
This is not food. It's a lightweight modeling clay I bought for Ellery. It dries over night and it looks like marzipan. The lady kept telling me "No K, no K." I finally got it that she was telling me that the clay weighs 0 Kg.



No comments:

statcounter