3.15.2009

Someone

named Ann says something I like: http://ann-jones.blogspot.com/2009/03/its-decided.html In a critique of my blog, someone said I seem to take pride in being 'unique' and in my 'intellect.' Whatever my intellect is or is not, it's not a source of pride since someone else created it. Intellect for me is a fun and fortunate tool. And freedom for me is knowing I am most definitely not unique. It boggles the mind to think of all the someones that have found themselves in my same situations, time and time again, throughout history. And whatever my self-image is, my blog is only a caricature of it. So, here's to someone like Ann whose colors will not be muted to make others feel comfortable. You can shine on me anytime.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I read that post the other day, too, and I loved it. I think true peace is loving who you are as God made you and knowing that you are trying your best to do good with those talents.

Natalie said...

Well you know I like you just the way you are! I found your blog and am excited to catch up on what's new with you. Add me to your "ok to look" list. You need to go check out Matt and Catherine's babies too. They are so cute. Catherine said she'd love to have you. tripletmama.blogspot.com

David Tatsak said...

Hello Heather, I read a comment of yours from another blog about the "Both/And" concept. I hope you find the answer. It would be found in the "Either/Or" category though. One has to choose whether they will be a "Both/And-er" or a "Either/Or-er" so no matter which one you choose you will wind up an "Either/Or-er". Life's tough, I know but a choice has to be made. Please visit my blog at www.Christfollowerspost.blogspot.com.

No Big Dill said...

So much wisdom from my baby sister! I agree with you, it certainly isn't boasting if we recognize the source of our strengths. (and, I might add, if we use them to lift and build others and "the kingdom") So, shine on, shine on, fellow harper!

PS I need a good name for her (Grail is great.)

statcounter