3.03.2009

Schtuff

So, Cyler and Ellery put a fake rubber spider on my chair while I was working, and they made me break my Lent promise!! ARggh! I was doing so well--I am now back on the wagon though. Today my friend sent me an article: http://news.byu.edu/release.aspx?story=archive09/Feb/womenandpeace

She knows I like reading about women's issues. Read if you like.

Today I made good food:

Salmon
Remove skin and soak salmon fillet in milk.
Mix maple syrup, fresh garlic and a bit of sherry together.
Salt fish with Kosher salt and pour glaze on top. Bake 425 degrees for about 18 min.

Cucumber salad
2 cucumbers, sliced thin on my mandolin
fresh dill
Mix Yogurt, rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper together. Add to cucumbers and dill and refrigerate. Yummy with the salmon.

Heads up: Soren and I are on our way to HongKong and Bangkok March 17-31. Stay tuned for some hopefully cool pics and adventure stories. And this month don't forget to connect to your Celtic roots if you have any--hope you have the luck of the Irish (which isn't saying much considering the Famine, the Troubles, the British Crown, and American Protestant snobbery). Slainte anyway.

1 comment:

Becky said...

That salmon recipe looks yummy! I like the irish theme, too...

statcounter