3.21.2009

Lantau Island

And so we make it to HongKong and we are getting to see and experience some amazing things. Here's Soren doing a Shaolin workshop. I was nervous about getting around but the MTR (subway) is just like London and most people speak a bit of English. To get to Lantau we took the MTR and the bus, but they have a cable car Ngong Ping 360 that looks fun too!
Bronze Buddha built 1981-1993. Many of the world's giant Buddhas have been destroyed. If I ever get my dream job at UNESCO, I'll make sure that doesn't happen on my watch.

Moms teaching their kids to pray. The mixture of incense and burning prayers on paper, flowers, and fruit made a fragrance I will never forget.






The Wisdom Path. The Heart Sutra which talks about the state of ever present change is carved here on wooden poles in the infinity shape.







PoLin Monastery. Ornate, peaceful, beautiful statues and embroidery and carving and metal work. Tassles, silk flags, red, orange and pink and yellow. Monks in saffron or gray walking and working.






No comments:

statcounter