6.07.2009

Come to the River

Jordan that is. My religion like many others makes beautiful space for water in ritual. The concept of symbolic cleansing I have found in the Jewish Mikvah, Greco-Roman/Celtic religions, Muslim Wadu and Ghusl etc. Our friends' son got baptized and he seemed very excited to have this special day. Now he is a formally recognized member of the church and is on the road of Christian discipleship:) I wish women weren't excluded from participation in the administration of this wonderful ritual. "I have a dream" of a time when is it acknowledged across the board that codified gender segregation is not Biblical and not necessary for a healthy body of Christ (See Galatians 3:28). Till then I can be happy for those of all religions who use ritual to focus the mind and intention on life, love, and wise use of agency. It's an inspiration to me.

No comments:

statcounter