6.05.2009

Pool Party Dos

Another 1/2 day and a pool party this time at my house. Becky, I waited too long to get a pic with you in it. Jeez! And I promise to make sure the pool heater is working next time I invite people over to swim. These two kick Cyler's butt at BootCamp a couple of times a week. I saw calf muscles on him today. Thank you!
Summer do.

Bodhi and Brady make fast friends.


Girls of summer.





My favorite photo of the day-- a little buggy girl.
Strawberry Spinach Salad
(I made this for both pool parties-I think I could eat this on a weekly basis)
1 pkg fresh baby spinach
1/2 log goat cheese, broken into small chunks
a couple handfuls pecans, see below
sliced strawberries
Toast pecans by placing them in a skillet, turn to med/low heat and stir frequently for about 5 min. Don't leave them, they will burn (yucchy). Chop them coarsely before mixing with other ingreds. Serve with storebought Balsamic Vinaigrette or your favorite Balsamic dressing recipe.
I have been trying hard to break up with cheese and dairy (I'm lactose intolerant) but I broke my rule with this salad. I love bigger chunks of goat cheese in this salad. I wish my tummy did. This weekend we have some fun plans--can't wait to show you. Life is really nice right now--I know that can be temporary so I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts.


1 comment:

Becky said...

I give the salad a thumbs up!

statcounter