6.28.2009

I Do ID


The paper trick to keep arms attached to the sides. The teacher says that the girls have to concentrate on not dropping the paper and they forget their steps. Eventually, the arms go automatically where they're supposed to and the dancer can concentrate on just dancing.

This is body adhesive--or in ID lingo, "Sock glue." The dancer should roll-on a ring around her calves where the top of her sock comes. This keeps the sock from slouching down.



Our school likes the long socks that come just below the knee. Some use the shorter socks but I think they kind of look like they are slouching down. Ellery likes to tie her own ghillies so I let her eventhough she doesn't do it quite "right." You're supposed to loop around the front through the stays, cross around the ankle, cross again in the front and tie around the arch of the foot. This gives the foot some support and you don't have messy criss-crossing up the leg. She's getting there though.


2 comments:

No Big Dill said...

Did you do Irish Dancing as a girl?

Heather said...

No, I took some ballet/tap/jazz when I was young. I didn't know about Irish Dance until later--I took some lessons with Ellery when she first started--the only adult in the class:) I would like to do it again but I'm glad she likes it.

statcounter