9.21.2009

2Tips2Try

My friend Becky made a horse bridle with a pool toy and some rope for a Family Home Evening lesson to teach about bridling one's tongue. It's been a while since I did a creative FHE but today at the sauna, I had an idea about how to teach about rules (the things I thought as a child were there to take my freedom away, hence quickly did away with some that I should have followed). I have been slowly but surely learning the difference between the rules that tyrants make and the rules the group makes to ensure safety, enjoyment and preservation of resources. I'll use the sauna rules to talk about how these rules are here so that people can enjoy themselves without infringing on someone else's freedom. Feel free to use the pic for your own FHE.

Also, per InStyle magazine (my favorite rag--grown-up, edgy, not vulgar), try reducing hair frizz by drying it with a cotton T-shirt. It absorbs water with causing frizz. I did it. It works.

Ok, there are my 2Tips2Try. This next pic is to show you how fun my volunteer church position is.



2 comments:

Becky said...

Is that Bree under there? (Did I spell her name right?)

Heather said...

Yes, she disappeared behind the lectern, said "O-oh" then there was some rustling--then she pops out with this on her face. I cracked up.

statcounter