9.16.2009

Dad Flashback

When I was little, my dad lined us up and attached pendants to all of our necks. It was a gold disc with an oxidized pomegranate tree on it signaling the tribe of Ephraim (at the time, my parents thought the tree was the symbol for that tribe) of which they taught us we were literal descendants. All the lore behind it was cool, but what I really loved is that my dad had made them himself, our initials were on the back and it made me feel a part of something wonderful--a family. For years, Cyler has wanted to get a tattoo of the universal symbol, a martial arts based pattern showing straight lines and curved lines intersecting (showing the endless possibilities of motion from any given point). I told him no go on the tat. Too wrinkly when he gets old. So he had the symbol made for himself, Colby, and Soren. I think it meant a lot to the boys.
I had a flashback and now I am going to find my pomegranate tree.

No comments:

statcounter