9.08.2009

Reflection Pool

If I ever get a chance to custom build a home, a reflection pool would be high on my architectural wishlist. So today, here's me imagining I am sitting on this bench, reflecting:

*After I had spent an extra night in Reno I traveled to Yuma the day before the show in Winterhaven. I had to change in Phoenix where I spent a few hours at the airport. In the evening I had to walk across the airfield, where I could still feel the heat, and caught the plane to Yuma. It was only a very tiny regional plane. There were a few turbulences and the air-condition wasn't working which made it a very unpleasant flight. The view was slightly misty and all I could see was desert.In Yuma I had some problems finding a taxi. After I had waited for some time I got in an old taxi which crossed the border from Arizona to California. When I arrived at the hotel I went to bed pretty soon after I had ordered a salad for dinner.
After reading this exerpt from a blog, I have to seriously decide what my blog content is to be. Gods, help me to make it relevant, humorous, authentic and not 'scratch-my-eyes-out-and-wail' boring.
*Ellery decided to quit IrishDance. How am I feeling about it, I ask myself. I wish she hadn't but she said to me, "Look at it this way Mom, I'm not giving up on my dream. I'm giving up on yours." (Is this from a movie she saw?--beware the power of fiction.)
*Yesterday we had a circle of friends over in which there had been a recent rift between some of the individuals. It was nice to get together again, but I am wondering if it will ever be like it was. Friendship is like everything else--fluxy (I have created a new word).
*It was 1998-the last time until now that I had no outside, major life goal other than caring for home and family. I am relatively lost in that I usually have something occupying brainwaves in addition to whether the laundry needs to be switched to the dryer ,or what to offer for dinner, or what time to leave to get kids to their activities on time. Now I see why people have what I call "now or never" babies--that last one they squeeze in around age 40. "Since I'm already doing this, what's one more?" I like parenthood and homekeeping--I just usually have something else going simultaneously. 'Now what' is what I'd like to know.

No comments:

statcounter