8.11.2011

Flannel feels good in 100 degrees


I paper pieced this quilt top many moons ago and finally had a reason to finish it. My visiting teacher (LDS lingo for a female assigned to you so that you don't go hungry, stark-raving mad, or without help for any reason) is having her first baby. Sadly her baby bump is not showing--she looks smashing.

I broke a sweat having a pile of flannel on my lap when it's 100+ degrees outside. I wonder if putting "I have finished quilt projects" on a resume is like saying you're an EagleScout--I may not have tons of experience but I know how to finish something. And it's true that I may not act like a quilter much but I have a tea-cozy, cat on the lap, geometry lovin' side- and 100% cotton prints are eye-candy and finger-candy! To know that a baby is going to use it is all the better.

At the babyshower tonight I thought of my own uterus (wherever she may be). I am no longer biologically productive. I love babies. I'm 41. I think about adoption all the time. For now, I will make quilts for others. I better start piecing another one together so it can be ready by 2020 considering how long this one took.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I am impressed. That's a lot of little pieces to put together!

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the quilt - that is fantastic! I think I recognize some of those blocks and fabrics. I'm glad you don't look or act like "a quilter". Great idea about a binding demo on my blog by the way. I'll have to get to work on that one...

Heather said...

I know Christa, I was told I don't act like a quilter. I wonder how a quilter is supposed to act and what about me doesn't jive with that??

Anonymous said...

I put up that binding demo on my blog now. Lots of pics but it really forced me to think it through completely!!

statcounter