8.25.2011

What happened to hippie gyspsy

She looks how I feel. Or how I felt this summer. Or how I want to feel: "There's a chair, I know. But I'd rather sit on the ground, splayed legs, hair in the eyes and drawing in the dirt with a stick.
We hit the school schedule and I'm going through withdrawals. Sleeping, eating--everything has been rearranged to look nothing like my hobo life this summer and it's been tough getting back into the zipped up-girdle-tightbun-necktie rat race.
I miss my kids when they are at school. There, I said it like a sappy mom with no life outside of her spawn. I know they are not on earth for my entertainment but I'm just saying.
But I haven't heard once this week that they are bored, they haven't fought over the TV--they're too tired to put up a fuss about curry lentil soup. They're pretty docile. I do like that. And I do like my new 9:15pm bedtime. After my first insomnia attack this past Monday, I think about my bed more during the day then I think about food-which says a lot.
Someday after I play this rat-race character all out, I will live in a place that looks like "Hip Pocket Theater."
And sit with this guy under a patio umbrella and listen to Joe Satriani, Janis Joplin, and Old Crow Medicine Show.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Your shoulders look sexy! (After all your deep thoughts, I could only come up with something shallow to say, but I'm sincere.)

Heather said...

You are funny! Fun to see you today at lunch.

statcounter