8.07.2009

DND geek

While I loathe real war, I love fantasy violence and political maneuvering. I am a loosely interpreted version of what is called a Dungeon Master for the game Dungeons and Dragons, affectionately nicknamed D&D. Soren and his friends gather around with their characters sheets, 3-d polygon dice, Monster Manuals/Handbooks and I send them on imagined adventures and quests (for hours and hours). They tell me what they want their characters to do in a given situation, imagined characters react, and outcomes are determined based on the characters' skills and, like real life, chance (the roll of said polygons).
In D&D one can:
  • Slay a dragon
  • Find a hidden magic item
  • Have songs and poems written honoring one's past quests
  • Find that a friend has been setting one up for destruction
  • Find one's way out of an ambush
  • Become an expert hunter or magic user
  • Activate a poison arrow trap
  • Fight goblins, giants, mindflayers

My name is Heather and I am a D&D geek.

No comments:

statcounter