8.17.2009

Performance Day

Since Grail doesn't fit. . . in this. . .
we borrowed our friends SUV so I could play at church. I knew I had a good husband when he tipped the harp on its side, slid it carefully in the back, angled it and said, "She'll be alright just like this." Watching a harp laid on its side is like looking at a horse lying on its side. It's not totally uncommon, but you want to make sure it can get up again and it shouldn't be like that for very long.

The piece went well with no mess ups and good expression--and my friend said my face looked like I was in my happy place. Now, Ellery and I will work on a piece she wants to sing for her baptism, also Grandjany's 'Automne' and after that is Christmas music. Fun!

Here is my list of positive affirmations I used this time:
*Everyone loves to hear harp music, especially all the children
*I know this piece so well
*I am calm and happy
*It's ok if I am slow and careful
*I can see all the notes on the page and all the strings clearly
*I can breathe easily all the way through the piece
*After I play so well, I will swim in my pool

4 comments:

Becky said...

You looked so peaceful! It was wonderful.

Unknown said...

I loved it. Kaylee did too. She clapped when you finished and said Yay!

No Big Dill said...

Good job! Grandjany's Automne is one of my favorites. That is a good husband. What Christmas music do you have in the queue?

Heather said...

Katy,
I am sending some music your way when I get organized enough. If you have Christmas suggestions let me know--right now I just have Bring a Torch Jeanette, Isabella.

statcounter