8.19.2009

Trips to Walmart with Children

I love school supply shopping! This year it assuaged some of the empty feeling I had of not building my own homeschool curriculum. I really did enjoy that! Getting binders, notebooks, and folders comes in at a close second. Soren is camping so I took liberties and got him his stuff in a blue, yellow/orange, gray and black color scheme. I found a cool EdHardy notebook with a dragon on it. (Nod to D&D)
Ellery's stuff was all over the place--monkeys, kitties, green, purple, red, et al. The child I refer to in the title is not Ellery, and Soren's absence excludes him as well. No, I am talking about the 40 year old that, although in the middle of a full blown existential crisis ("We are selling the house to go live in the mountains, I want to be a cagefighter, I am going to learn how to 'drift' so I can race cars better"), continually put sweet contraband in the cart when I wasn't looking. After driving up my bill with SwissCakes, he looks at a tabloid as we are leaving the store. He turns to me and says, "Did you know Sarah Palin's getting a divorce?" I told him going to WalMart with him was like going with a kid--"You sneak junkfood into the cart and believe everything you read."

2 comments:

No Big Dill said...

That's funny. He's funny. You're funny.

Becky said...

Maybe next year I'll let you do the school supply shopping for me. It drives me crazy!

statcounter