7.03.2009

7/2 Monastiraki Square in Athens

Now I remember what I'm doing. Letting my kids see so many different people, lifestyles, languages being spoken, alphabets, ways of living. Some of the Greek men and women here are beautiful. The loads of long dark hair, long straight noses, huge dark eyes and olive skin. And immigrants too.



Monastiraki streets paved with marble. We are jet laggin hard!! We crash in the afternoons and stay up till 2am. I want to change it but I don't know how to force someone to stay awake while I myself am falling asleep. It sounds like I'm complaining0-I'm not, it's just the truth.


But this stuff is making up for the fact that I can't focus my eyes. Ellery with a dulcimer street performer. We got her this dress at a vendor who had a wall covered with business cards of Greeks who had gone to America and had made it. "The Land of Opportunity" he kept repeating. He loved Americans and kept kissing my kids on the cheek--Soren was like "what is wrong with this guy?" He was very kind though and copped a feel as he was bringing a skirt around my waist to view in the mirror. My quota is filled: check off the goose from the list:) We also walked through a fresh fish and meat market. Ellery held her nose the whole time as the yelling crossed the wet cement aisles. Bins of shiny, wide eyed seafood looked at us as we passed as well as the octopus, crab and mussels.


Here's dinner. Cheese pie. I have temporarily gotten back together with cheese. We'll break up when I get back to Texas.

Lamb in butter sauce. I couldn't tell the difference between the lamb and the butter. Cucumber and tomato salad. We ate outside--the evenings are heaven here. No wonder everyone is out for a stroll.








1 comment:

Becky said...

I'll trade you dinners. We had fried chicken....from Walmart.

statcounter