7.30.2009

Gear Up Soup

I am gathering ideas for a cleaner, non-dairy, lower calorie eating plan--summer vacations have left me with too much junk in the trunk. I like miso soup for lunch--it's comfort foody and not tons of calories. I usually add cubed tofu and spinach to the broth made from this brand:
Another way is this:
Saute 1 onion in oil. Add an equal amount of cabbage/carrots and/or cauliflower and saute till tender. Add 2 C veg broth, 1 Tbsp peanut butter and simmer 3-4 min. Then add 1-2 Tbsp miso paste. Simmer 8 min more.

Next time I will tear in pieces of nori instead of spinach for a more authentic go. And it's good for you too. What do you eat for a healthy lunch? And how do you keep control of portion sizes?


3 comments:

No Big Dill said...

Sorry, you lost me at non-dairy.

Heather said...

I have lactose intolerance so what can I do? I do ignore it every so often since God has seen fit to allow cheese to remain on the planet.

christaquilts said...

Good for you for eating healthy. But you were always good at that! I eat mainly salads for lunch and lots of homemade whole wheat bread, pancakes & oatmeal - high in fiber. I try to have meat only a few times a week. More fruits & veggies than anything else on your plate with tons of water so everything flushes out!!

statcounter