7.09.2009

7/6 Mykonos

I am living in the twilight zone right now. It's 7/9 and I am jetlagged--posting about 7/6 and planning for our family reunion road trip that start 7/11. Anyone want to help me do laundry? That said I must rave to you about Mykonos. The blue water, sandy beach, boat and ferry vistas, whitewashed buildings with blue accents. The city center is quite crowded at times but our hotel was up past the new port--Hotel Artemis on St. Stephanos beach. I recommend it!
We went to city center for all of an hour. We weren't really here to buy kitsch. We were here to be on the beach which we did constantly for the next 2 days. I have the prickly heat rash to show for it. It is getting hot here but the wind was calm which I understand is not always the case. I am learning how to pronounce greek letters and read words although I don't know what they mean. Fun language with its cool letters like Theta, Psi, Omega and Fi. Our hotel is across the street from the beach. Since Greeks find it cruel to fix stray animals, we had an orange cat (fully intact mind you, no mistaking) visit us frequently. In the morning we ate bread cheese and juice then about 3pm we had a substantial meal of meat, pasta, salad.

No comments:

statcounter